The Selection Committee is comprised of all volunteers and community members who represent organizations that are committed to ensuring that Aboriginal youth look forward to new and innovative ways of learning about and planning for their future. AYARA believes that recognizing a person for their achievements is a great way to build self-esteem and build role models so others can see that their goals are attainable. The awards are based on efforts made by youth and not necessarily always entirely on accomplishments.
Nominate a person today by completing the Nomination form below.
Eligibility for Nomination
Youth Achievement Nominees
- Be of Aboriginal ancestry of the Northwestern Ontario Region.*
- Must be of applicable age for each category as of March 25, 2020.
- Consent to the nomination.
- Submit nomination letter.
- Submit relevant information such as copies of school transcripts, newspaper articles, photographs, or any other documentation.
- Demonstrate commitment to a healthy and positive lifestyle.
The Canadian Constitution recognizes three groups of Aboriginal people – Indians (Status and Non-Status), Métis people and Inuit.
Northwestern Ontario Region
Any Aboriginal person born within the Northwestern Ontario or currently resides in the region. Northwestern Ontario is the region within the Canadian province of Ontario which lies north and west of Lake Superior, and west of Hudson Bay and James Bay